General Guideline for Informative Speech
General Guideline for Informative Speech|
- The speech should have a clear introduction and the demonstrates the following
- Gains interest
- Relates topic/self to audience.
- Relates speaker to topic.
- Forecasts organization of the speech.
- The speech body is developed with a clear organizational pattern.
- The speech should have clear main points.
- Continues interest in topic and subject.
- Incorporates clear and relevant examples.
- Provides transitions through main points.
- Conclusion of the speech should be
- Forewarns the audience the speech is about to end.
- Maintains interest to the end of the speech.
- Reviews, summarizes or repeats key elements.
- Ends the speech.
- Speech delivery should flow smoothly
- Is natural and conversational (extemporaneous.)
- Adheres to time limits.
- Minimizes distracting characteristics.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in topic.
- Incorporates visual aids.
- Maintains eye contact with entire audience.
- Handles questions effectively.